The commitment in international relations and decentralized cooperation between countries, represents one of the objectives and an instrument to face the challenges of human world development, coherently with the 2014-2020 community programming and with the new 2015-2030 Sustainable Development Goals, launched at the beginning of 2015 by the UN Secretary-General.
The Metropolitan City of Turin - with the Communication, Relations with territory and citizens Department - intends to actively contribute, also through the associations and networks of local authorities, to the development of peace, solidarity and intercultural, social and economic dialogue at international level.
The activity takes the form of different services such as explained blow:
- Assistance and support for decentralized and territorial cooperation projects;
- Promotion of projects aimed at supporting populations affected by environmental, social and health emergencies;
- Initiatives of education and sensitization of the local community to the culture of peace;
- Participation in Italian cooperation initiatives;
- Joining national and international European networks to promote decentralized cooperation;
- Organization of events of European and / or international dimension in the metropolitan area;
Beneficiaries (in the metropolitan area):
Public Authorities, Private Legal Entities, Civil Society Organizations and other non-profit entities, subsudiares, third sector organizations, universities and research centers, national, european and international institutions.
- Direct management projects; agreements and memoranda of understanding; financial and material contributions (medicines, various equipment), adhesions to networks of local communities of international dimension.
- Section dedicated to internship, volunteering and job opportunities in decentralized cooperation.
- Publication "The international dimension of the Metropolitan City of Turin" (pdf 1,53 MB) in Italian and in English.
- 2014-2020 Programming: The participation of the Metropolitan City of Turin in decentralized cooperation projects. Open the document updated to February 7, 2018 (pdf 40 KB).
Communication, Relations with territory and citizens Department
Corso Inghilterra, 7 - 10138 Torino - Italia
tel. +39 011.8616393